Our Core Values
The mission of United Way Junction City~Geary County is to provide leadership on behalf of the Junction City~Geary County community and member United Way Agencies to improve people's lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities.
The critical role requires that all of us involved in the UW, who foster such an essential public good, must assume the responsibility of earning public trust. Accordingly, United Way of Junction City~Geary County plays a unique role both as a leader in the health and human services sector and as a major resource to member United Way agencies and to our communities to build trust through all that we do. This bond of trust goes far beyond legal or regulatory requirements to include our core values, and ethics. To fulfill this special obligation, five core values provide the foundation on which we base our actions and decisions.
We act with integrity that inspires the highest truth.
• We stand as “one” in the relentless pursuit of instilling and promoting public confidence and trust.
• We maintain the highest standards of excellence and accountability, including prudent use of finances, and fair, accurate, and honest disclosures of information.
• We keep our promises. People know it: “United Way makes my caring count.”
We make a positive difference and have a measureable impact of enduring consequence.
• We make a difference in our community and our efforts change lives.
• We are committed to a United Way that is relevant to its people, its community, and the times.
• We assume responsibility as good stewards of and are accountable for our work and sustainable results.
We are made relevant and impactful through the spirit of volunteerism.
• United Way is outstanding in the way it invites volunteers to express their philanthropic beliefs (expression of one’s “love of humanity”).
• We believe that the most effective models of service and excellence are created through the leadership of volunteers.
We are strong only when we are inclusive.
• We aspire to involve every segment of the community in every aspect of our work.
• We act in ways that respect the dignity, uniqueness, and intrinsic worth of every person – the community, the donors, our own staff and families, boards, and volunteers.
• We believe in a movement built from the rich diversity and gifts of all people in all systems.
5. Community Leadership
We provide leadership for community building to be a catalyst for positive change.
• We are effective educators and facilitators – bringing all segments of the community together to promote individual well-being and common good.
• We are leaders of a process that multiplies the impact of people’s innate desire and capacity to car for one another.
• We help transform visions of compassion and giving into dynamic reality.