United Way of Junction City-Geary County
Executive Director (Part-Time)
Position Posted: May 16, 2016
Position Open Until Filled
The Executive Director serves as the chief professional officer, appointed and employed by the United Way of Junction City-Geary County Board of Directors.
The Executive Director is responsible for
• Overall direction, management and evaluation of the organization
• Strategic and collaborative leadership focused on effective community impact and building awareness of United Way of Junction City-Geary County's (UWJCGC) community role.
• Maintaining accountability for the overall operational and fiscal integrity of UWJCGC along with the Board of Directors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serves as leader in community and economic discussions, develops partnerships, and builds constructive, collaborative relationships with individuals from public, private and nonprofit sectors
• Represents UWJCGC at community functions and speaking engagements, presenting a professional image and advocating Community Impact
• Communicates the UWJCGC's mission of helping people, changing lives and making every contribution count
• Provides effective team leadership, guidance and support to UWJCGC board members, volunteers and interns
• Promotes a collaborative and professional environment
• Prepares staff report for monthly board meetings
• Provides leadership and works with the Board, other volunteers and staff to raise funds from outside sources including individuals, corporations, workplace giving campaigns, government and foundation grants, and endowment and planned gifts
• Establishes resource development goals with the Board of Directors and develops strategies for achieving these goals
• Maintains regular communication with donors, potential donors and United Way agencies
• Maintains compliance with United Way Worldwide reporting to include: employee gifts, corporate gifts, major gifts, planned giving, foundation gifts, and volunteer hours
• Responsible for financial management of UWJCGC and all of its programs in accordance with principles of United Way Worldwide, federal and state entities, and other funding sources, including development and monitoring of the operating budgets; payments to vendors and grant- funded partners; oversight of financial control policies; maintenance of financial records and working with auditors
• Presides over strategic planning and implementation to accomplish UWJCGC's mission
• Reports and informs the Board of the organization’s activities, current and emergent needs, goals, and progress
• Develops effective and unified messaging for use in all customer relations including collateral, website, media relations, and social networking and other emerging technologies
• Bachelor's degree preferred; Evidence of managerial, marketing, public relations and communications experience
• Evidence of success achieving results within United Way, other nonprofits, or in the business or public sectors, as well as major volunteer leadership experience
• Understanding of Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook environments, familiar with Internet-based research, possesses the ability to utilize spreadsheets to analyze data and run reports
Part-Time Salary and Benefits:
• Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience; 20 hours work per week
• Vacation and Sick Leave
• United Way of Junction City-Geary County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Board President, Charles Volland at email@example.com or by mail to P.O. Box 567 Junction City, KS 66441 in order to be considered for this position. Screening of all applications will begin Wednesday, June 1, 2016 and continue until the position has been filled.